Any person can get scabies through a prolonged skin-to-skin contact such as hugging, holding hands and/or having sexual contacts with an infected individual. High chances of getting scabies can also occur if a person tends to share clothes or is sharing the same bed with an infected individual. In most cases, scabies can easily spread in common places where there are constant skin contacts – this actually includes day care centers, schools, hospitals and/or nursing homes. People should know that these mites can live 24-36 hours off from their host’s body like in clothes, bed sheets, mattresses, and pillows.
These mites spare no one – targets all ages, rich and poor, clean and unclean, healthy and unhealthy people.
Having this particular skin disease is actually like sleeping with your enemies. Symptoms of such may not appear for about two months from the day of infection. Even in the absence of symptoms, Sarcoptes scabiei transform you into a silent resident evil, a carrier which can directly contaminate your family members at once. They will never give you a hint until these mites reproduce at a critical mass at which point you feel like scratching endlessly.
Norwegian or crusted scabies is a severe type of scabies which is usually present in people with compromised immune system or are in certain health condition which reduces the strength of a person’s immune system.
Though rare, facial and scalp scabies are usually apparent in very young children and in elderly persons (usually those who are bed-bound). It appears exactly the same scabies’ yield rash as in any part of the body. People who experience facial and scalp scabies tends to stay at home because it appears more evident and obvious – aside from its relentless itchy feeling and irritating discomfort, it does look unpleasant.
The classical existence of scabies infestation had brought humanity in varied treatment options. Scarbicides, may be taken orally or may be in a form of creams that were applied like ointments in the affected areas are among the most famous medication prescribed by our physicians. Though were effective, scabicide drugs presently fail to get the general recommendation for treating scabies. Major reason for this is their toxic side effects to the patients which could cause cancer. Below are some of the scarbicides with their limitations and/or proven side effects to the patients.
• Cream of Lindane can cause seizure when absorbed through skin and should not be used in nursing or pregnant women, elderly and children below 2 years of age.
• Ivermectin is not an FDA approved drug for scabies because it has high toxic side effects.
• Permethrin has toxic side effects.
• Crotamiton is not approved for its use in children.
• Sulfur in petrolatum is not an FDA approved for treatment of scabies.
• Scabiesin is a whole line of new - NATURAL anti scabies products. Scabiesin has everything one with scabies need to get rid of the mites. They even have shampoo for scabies and a Anti Scabies Body Mask that can help to kill scabies very fast. The fact that Scabiesin products are natural, it makes treatment of scabies much much safer compare to such harsh chemicals as: Permethrin, Ivermectin etc.
Hence, a better, effective, and safer alternative treatment for scabies can still be achieved when we go natural. All we need to do is to understand the real score of scabies and be naturally resourceful. To mention some natural way of discarding scabies is the use of tea tree oil, apricot, garlic, onions and neem leaf paste. Presently, non-toxic and organic ready-to-use products are already being sold in the market.